SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Dag Wieers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dag Wieers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:08:34 +0200
On Fri, 1 Jul 2011, Troy Dawson wrote:

> I know that talking about some of these things makes it feel more like a
> community, but that is not what this mailling list is for.
>
> This mailling list is for people to bring questions about Scientific Linux,
> and hopefully they will get answers.

Thanks for making this very clear. Beware that you may have to repeat this
from time to time in the future as well ;-)

> For the record, there is no official SL policy about top posting, bottom
> posting, middle posting, or threads.

To prevent such threads in the future, could we instead provide an
official policy, eg.

  - bottom posting is recommended
  - commenting about posting-methods to the list is forbidden
  - personal preferences to posting is discussed in private

(Personally I find the remarks regarding top/bottom postings more annoying
than the postings themselves, because I've been exposed to this so many
times and you cannot change the world, even when one appears better than
the other...)

Thanks for intervening for the benefit of all ;-)
--
-- dag wieers, [log in to unmask], http://dag.wieers.com/
-- dagit linux solutions, [log in to unmask], http://dagit.net/