SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Stefan Eriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stefan Eriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:26:23 +0200
I've installed openvz kernel 2.6.32 from openvz repo thus getting a new kernel
active:
uname -r
2.6.32-042stab018.1

when installing the new it uninstalled the original firmware. But when I run
yum upgrade I get these options:

Dependencies Resolved

 Package                                                                  Arch
Version
Repository                                                    Size
Installing:
 kernel
x86_64                                                  2.6.32-131.2.1.el6
sl-security                                                   23 M
Updating:
 bzip2
x86_64                                                  1.0.5-7.el6_0
sl-security                                                   48 k

 tzdata
noarch                                                  2011g-1.el6
sl-security                                                  444 k
Installing for dependencies:
 kernel-firmware
noarch                                                  2.6.32-131.2.1.el6
sl-security                                                  2.5 M

It wants to install the original kernel once again over my openvz. This
basicly breaks the security upgrade. Does anyone know how to remove kernel
from yum upgrade as I only want to upgrade my kernel from the openvz repo?

Thanks
Stefan