SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:50:40 -0500
I suggest turning off the NetworkManager service if it is appropriate.  I set this parameter to "no"  thinking it would be sufficient but then I started getting all sorts of weird behaviors like the network interface would stop working.  To be honest, I did not investigate but then I was setting the machine up as a server and wanted the network interface on and to stay on after the machine boots.