SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Michael Tiernan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2011 08:35:47 -0400
On 6/30/11 7:02 PM, JR van Rensburg wrote:
> Thus rendering a generation that is incapable of writing anything
> intelligible.
My daughter did a short stint teaching first year college (USA) students
English. It was terrifying. She let us read some of the papers people
presented in a *writing* class. The inability to spell aside (I can't to
save my life) the horrible composition process and use of "Internet
abbreviations" was truly *pathetic*.

To think that a college student would turn-in a paper that uses
abbreviations instead of full words such as "ur" in place of "you are"
is mind-boggling.

My sincere apologies to everyone here for participating of the hijacking
of this thread.