SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Kenni Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kenni Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 17:30:56 +0200
Hi

Is it expected behaviour that SL6.1 requires more than 1GB of RAM to
install when using anaconda for the install? I've just had the
installer crash on me twice due to low memory, when I had 1024MB
dedicated to the VM. I didn't create any swap partition when I did the
partition layout within the installer, so if Anaconda expects to use
such swap partition for the install, that could explain the issue.

I'm just curious, I've just checked the upstream system requirements
and 1GB seems to be the official memory requirement for EL6.

Best regards
Kenni