SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
jonathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:07:58 +0100
I forget to mention the fc-list command displays all the fonts.
jonathan

Hi, I am very confused about the fontpath in SL6. in the xorg.log i have
"FontPath set to:
	catalogue:/etc/X11/fontpath.d,
	built-ins"

if I run the chkfontpath --list command i have
Current directories in font path:
1: catalogue:/etc/X11/fontpath.d
2: /usr/share/fonts/msttcorefonts

and if i run the xset -q command i have

Font Path:
  catalogue:/etc/X11/fontpath.d,built-ins

The xfs service is stopped and disabled.

i am running a program designed for rhel5, HDLdesigner. The font list in
the program is very limited, it has fonts such as courier 10 pitch,
nimbus mono l, and other basic fonts, but it does not pick up the full
list of fonts. for example in /etc/X11/fontpath.d i have symbolic links
to msttcorefonts and liberation-fonts but these are not recognised.
these are ttf fonts and include the fonts.dir and fonts.scale files.

the /etc/fonts/fonts.conf file includes

<!-- Font directory list -->

	<dir>/usr/share/fonts</dir>
	<dir>/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1</dir>
	<dir>~/.fonts</dir>

<!--

Does anyone know how i would get the mmsttcorefonts or the
liberation-fonts recognised by HDLdesigner which uses TCL/TK

Jonathan