SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:42:42 -0700
The content of the email I received off list below should be
self-explanatory.

I again ask for a simple clarification:  are engineering deployment
issues -- design issues to the deploying engineering staff but NOT
necessarily internal design issues to the vendor engineers responsible
for the actual production of the entity (hardware, software, whatever)
being deployed -- appropriate to this list, or only technical support
questions on deployed systems?

If the latter, then discussions of deploying SL N vs. SL M, M not equal
N, are NOT appropriate, as these are field deployment issues, as are the
deployment comparisons of RHEL K, SL K, CentOS K, and any other RHEL
clones of release K.  In that case, apologize to Mr. (Dr.?) Linder or
anyone else whom I might have inconvenienced by attempting to get
certain inappropriate engineering questions addressed.  Because this is
a threaded list (as has repeatedly been pointed out to those of us whose
email client applications do not default to a threaded display), rather
than "trashing" any individual, one can selectively filter and reject
threads to which one objects or has no interest.  Or is the capacity of
the Fermilab email/list server not large enough to handle/store such
additional traffic?

Yasha Karant