SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:35:58 -0700
On 07/27/2011 05:07 AM, Larry Linder wrote:
> If you want to talk about trash go elseware - this is just NOISE - I don't
> care !!!!!  -  don't want to sort threw "JUNK".
> So the noise makers - I added your nmae to E-Mail filters ->  /dev/null
>
> If you don't have something technical to contribute or need technical help -
> please.
>
> Larry Linder
>
> On Wednesday 27 July 2011 5:43 am, Tom H wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:25 AM, Andreas Petzold
>>
>> <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>>> Can we please stop emails like this? It's getting really annoying. This
>>> is a technical support mailing list.
>>
>> +1

I am replying to this version of the thread -- I cannot tell from what I
see (not having the full SMTP headers on display) whether or not the
change in Subject has hijacked this thread -- in which case I am not the
hijacker.

I fully understand that is a "technical" list, and since posting the
item to which there have been many comments but little data, have been
informed of the existence of SL fora.  I must point out that the fora to
which I have been directed are not maintained at Fermilab/CERN sites.

To me, "technical" includes "engineering".  A significant decision of
engineering is choice of instrumentality, including design, development,
and testing methodologies of any particular instrumentality.
Instrumentalities in computers include operating systems and their
environments.

I apologize that I did not understand that for this SL list, "technical"
is restricted to "support" issues -- make what is part of SL (RHEL?)
work, post fixes, or declare non-fixable for now.  Is it appropriate to
enquire on this list for a description/documentation on the actual
development process of SL from RHEL source RPMs?

Yasha Karant