SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 08:04:03 -0700
On 07/26/2011 11:23 PM, 夜神 岩男 wrote:
> On 07/27/2011 01:30 PM, Yasha Karant wrote:
>
>> http://community.wdc.com/t5/Desktop/Problem-with-WD-Advanced-Format-drive-in-LINUX-WD15EARS/td-p/6395
>>

> The answer to your question, and a detailed instructional (and links to
> more using both parted and fdisk) are a little further down the screen
> on the same page.
>
> -Iwao

Obviously -- I have read the item I posted or I would not have
referenced it.  However, before actually doing what is suggested there
-- by various persons of different backgrounds and professional
qualifications and for different Linux distributions -- I was hoping to
find someone who actually was using one of these drives and thus could
either verify the procedures described or provide specifics for SL
(RHEL) that differ from those in the item.  I can experiment using the
material in the item -- but I was hoping to do less experimentation and
more rapid production.

Yasha Karant