SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:21:11 -0700
On 07/26/2011 07:10 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 6:54 AM, Andrew Z<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>
>> Not to hijack the topic, but the NTFS module is also seemed to be absent
>> (I'm on x64). hmmm...
>
> This is indeed off topic here (so I changed the Subject line). :)
>
> 'No NTFS support' is upstream's decision. But it is fairly easy to
> implement thanks to 3rd party repos. This CentOS wiki is helpful:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/NTFS
>
> Akemi

I have just done what Akemi claims to have done in the message below:
changed the Subject line.

Was the thread produced by Akemi hijacked?

Is this thread hijacked?

If the thread for Akemi was NOT hijacked and merely changed the subject
line, but mine is hijacked when I did the same, can anyone explain why?

If the thread for Akemi was hijacked, are the complainers going to post
a complaint?  I am not being a "troll", "ogre", "balrog", "orc" or any
other mythical character -- but trying to understand the technical
mechanics of posting in a change of topic based upon related email to SL.

Yasha Karant