SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:36:53 -0400
On Monday, July 25, 2011 03:17:12 PM John H. Outlan CPA wrote:
> Four words:  Beggars Can't Be Choosy. :)

While I agree with the sentiment, I must point out that the quote is 'Beggars can't be choosers' which rhymes.... Sorry.

But I see this whole discussion as being of that sort of pickiness; the only thing you can be certain of is that whatever works best in your situation is what is going to work best in your situation.  Whether that be SL, CentOS, or upstream EL really doesn't matter, as long as it works for you.  It's pretty obvious that SL is working well for Fermi and for CERN; it's equally obvious that CentOS is working for a segment of users; and it is even more obvious that upstream EL is working very well indeed for many users due to the consistently positive numbers for RHAT's earnings in a down economy.