SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
William Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:27:25 +1000
I'm attempting to set-up a CUPS print-server in a KVM VM guest that
uses a printer attached to the host.

The host is SL6 and the guest is SL6.1 Beta.

I have installed kmod-lp in both host and guest.

When I print a test page the CUPS web interface shows the job then
completed however there is no output at the printer.

Setting up CUPS on the host (something I wanted to avoid) and it works fine.

Below is a snippet from the guest VM XML definition.

Any ideas why it wont work in a VM?

    <parallel type='dev'>
      <source path='/dev/parport0'/>
      <target port='0'/>