SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Andrew Z <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:54:32 -0400
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Phil Perry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 15/07/11 19:28, Andrew Z wrote:

<Skip>
> You need to have your SPEC file create the symlinks in the buildroot so that
> they are a part of the package, i.e, the symlinks are owned by the rpm
> package. Then when you uninstall or update the package rpm will
> remove/update the symlinks for you rather than leave them dangling as per
> your example above.
>
> Take a look in any relevant package SPEC file from the distro for examples
> of how this should be handled.

Phil,
 thank you. That's what i thought and i took a look @
glibc-2.3.4-2.54.src.rpm. I didn't notice any of the functionality you
mentioned, which prompted me to write the email.

another question is :
 do i explicitly add the file.version to the %files section  or just
mention the link ?

Thank you
Andrew