SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2011

From:
Beartooth Comcast <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beartooth Comcast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:42:21 -0400
 	For many years on another busy list, I kept my subscription
set to INDEX, and my fingers did the details while I chose which
posts to get. That was one of the best unburdeners I ever found ;
blessed be the author of it!

 	I'm hoping others here feel the same, because of course I
set my SL subscription to index ASAP. But my disobedient trifocal
fingers and arthritic eyeballs have forgotten too much.

  	I've reread the refcard, the FAQ, etc., etc. Yet every reply
I send comes back with error messages only. (Yes, I do send to the
server, not the lists ; I remember that much, thanks be!)

  	I have to be messing up some trivial detail. Will some
indulgent soul, who uses the index option, walk me through it once
more? (Under the list, of course!) Or just proofread one of my
misconfigured responses? (The address above is valid ; but better is
<[log in to unmask]>)  TIA!

  	RR Neuswanger in Blacksburg, VA -- aka

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Double Retiree,