SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

July 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:25:54 -0500
July 14, 2011
The second release candidate for Scientific Linux 6.1 has been released.

The first release candidate went so well, we are planning on this being
the last release candidate.

This Release Candidate 2 (RC2) is essentially the release, down to the
documentation.

If there are no further bugs, RC2 images will be declared the official
release on Thursday July 28, 2011.

If there is a show stopping bug, we will have a RC 2.5.

DOWNLOAD INFO
DVD and Net Install downloads are at
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.1/i386/iso/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.1/x86_64/iso/

Changes since SL 6.1 Release Candidate 1

* sl-indexhtml
- Fixed index.html page that was not localized.
- Set "border: none" on the SL banner.
- es-ES translation provided by Joseph Marrero
- hu-HU translation provided by Laszlo Dvornik
- ru-RU translation provided by Linux Ink
- sv-SE translation provided by Alexander Lindqvist

* sl-release-notes
- Updated everything for the final release

The Scientific Linux Development Team