SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
"Aldo F. Saavedra" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aldo F. Saavedra
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2011 09:49:08 +1000
Hi,

I'm having the following problem with an invariant of SL56, the cern
flavour. I thought perhaps that someone may have come across this
with SL56

Here in Sydney, we installed slc56 x86_64 on a Dell Power Edge R510 with
48Gb of RAM.

The problem we have is that once the os is installed slc56 top, free and
vmstat only reports 32Gb. All the yum updates were performed.

To check we booted with the rescue mode, SLC 5.6 and all the commands
report 48Gb .

A further check we installed RHEL 5.6 x86_64 it reports 48Gb .

Is there some tweak to the kernel that needs to be done? Or any cause to
the problem. Any ideas are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Aldo

--
Aldo F. Saavedra