SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:18:09 -0700
"Xorg -configure" fails miserably. It produces a configuration
that will not load.

There are two errors in the configuration created.

First it generates "nv" rather than "nouveau". If nouveau is the
default driver loaded it should appear as the driver name.

Second it gives a bad ModulePath line "/usr/lib/xorg/modules" instead
of "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules".

Once those two errors were fixed I was able to put in modelines and
run my Gateway FHD2401 LCD monitor full screen.

Should those two bugs be fed upstream or would you folks care to
check this out then feed it up? (If I should - what's the bugzilla
address.)

{^_^}