SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:18:14 -0400
On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 03:24:43 PM Konstantin Olchanski wrote:
> This is fine if I am the only manager of the computer.
[snip]
> It is best if one could use the tools recommended by, supplied by
> and document by the vendor - I want to run "RHEL/SL Linux",
> not "Konstantin's Linux".
[snip]

Wow.  You get it.  Majorly customized systems that are poorly documented are ticking timebombs; and you recognize that fact.  Bravo.  I agree with your assessment 100%.

> P.P.S. What about documentation for the NetworkManager?
[snip]
> SL seems to use the "ifcfg-rh" plugin, so we go to
> that section, and behold, here are documented all the NM-special
> ifcfg-eth0 settings.

> Here is the URL, scroll down to the section "ifcfg-rh"
> http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/SystemSettings

Thanks so much for all that legwork; this is good information, and thank you for taking the time to pass it on to the list!