SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Grant Sturgis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Grant Sturgis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2011 12:31:49 -0600
On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 11:01 -0700, Chris Tooley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> RPMforge usually has these sorts of packages - there should be a file in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/.  If not, try running:
>
> 	yum install rpmforge-release
>
> But, why are you using bleeding edge packages in an enterprise-level
> linux system?  From personal experience, attempting to get any sort of
> bleeding edge desktop experience from an enterprise-level linux is an
> utter annoyance. ;)
>
> Perhaps a desktop-oriented system would be a better choice? (Fedora, or
> Linux Mint)

Agree with Chris on this one - I'd try Ubuntu for bleeding edge desktop
platform.

> -Chris
>
> On 11-06-08 10:31 AM, Out of Nowhere wrote:
> > Hello! I have installed scientific linux, but I see some applications
> > are missing, like deluge, firefox 4, and other bleeding edge packages.
> > What repros should I add for installing them?

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.