SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Chris Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:01:46 -0700
Hello,

RPMforge usually has these sorts of packages - there should be a file in
/etc/yum.repos.d/.  If not, try running:

	yum install rpmforge-release

But, why are you using bleeding edge packages in an enterprise-level
linux system?  From personal experience, attempting to get any sort of
bleeding edge desktop experience from an enterprise-level linux is an
utter annoyance. ;)

Perhaps a desktop-oriented system would be a better choice? (Fedora, or
Linux Mint)

-Chris