SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:55:59 -0500
Hello,
Traditionally the first kernel for a minor update is full of bugs so we
generally don't release it in regular security area.  But for those
people who want to install the kernel, we need to make it accessable.
So we have put it into our testing repository.

If enough people test this kernel and we don't find any bugs, we will
push it out to regular security, but the odds are that The Upstream
Vendor will have another kernel out by then.

To test or update

SL6
-------

   yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update kernel\*

or you can download rpm's by hand at

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/testing/i386/kernel/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/testing/x86_64/kernel/

kernel-2.6.32-131.0.15.el6

Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group