SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:27:15 -0500
Hello,
There is a security update for sssd, classified as low.
This updated pulls in alot of dependencies for packages that are
currently only in SL 6.1 alpha.  Because of these multiple dependencies,
we are very cautious about this update, especially since it is
classified as low.
We are especially nervous about the dependency krb5.  krb5 is version
1.8 in SL 6.0, and version 1.9 in SL 6.1.  We already know of one lab
where this update breaks outgoing kerberos clients.
We currently do not have a date set for when this update will go out.

To test or update

SL6
-------

   yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update sssd\*

or you can download rpm's by hand at

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/testing/i386/sssd/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/testing/x86_64/sssd/

sssd-1.5.1-34.el6
krb5-1.9-9.el6
libcollection-0.6.0-6.el6
libdhash-0.4.2-6.el6
libini_config-0.6.1-6.el6
libpath_utils-0.2.1-6.el6
libref_array-0.1.1-6.el6

Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group