SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:41:15 -0400
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Robert P. J. Day <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> rday (who is getting seriously tired of, every week, reading the same
> swill on a mailing list somewhere)

Then, perhaps, you should unsubscribe from thos one?

We're seeing people coming over from CentOS, and peopls coming from
other communities interested in testing things out, and they could use
help. A polite word with actual reasons for an opinion will sway them
far more than yelling at them about standards that they may have
learned elsewhere, and that may in fact be mandated by their workplace
policies. (Seen that: got yelled at for bottom posting, even though it
suited the point by point analysis I was doing far better. I was
confusing "big picture" people with the facts, and it was driving them
nuts.)