SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
"Joshua J. Kugler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joshua J. Kugler
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:04:39 -0800
On Thursday 30 June 2011, Chris Tooley elucidated thus:
> I have a really neat thing in Thunderbird 3.1.11 that pops up on most
> emails from lists servs: a button that says "respond to list"...
>
> Except, it doesn't show up for the scientific linux users (SLusers)
> list emails; I figure it's because of the email headers.
>
> Looking at one of the list emails source vs. the SLusers email
> source, there are a small number of extra email headers not on the
> SLusers emails that may be the culprit, reproduced here with some
> possible values:
>
> list-post: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> list-id: <www.scientificlinux.org>
> "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Those lists that include those headers are probably all Mailmain (and
maybe others) lists.  SL does not use mailman for their lists, thus it
would depend on if their list software has a configuration option to
enable headers such as that.

Joshua J. Kugler - Fairbanks, Alaska
Azariah Enterprises - Programming and Website Design
[log in to unmask] - Jabber: [log in to unmask]
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A