SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:45:14 -0700
Tbird integrates Lightning that supports Google calendar.  I do not run
MS Win and thus have no proper access to MS Win (or MS Win plus Mac OS
X) binary only clients often rammed down our throats at my institution
unless I use VirtualBox to run a MS Win guest, a practice I do only in
desperation (e.g., when a co-author insists on using MS Office products
and OpenOffice does not fully respect every formatting detail of the MS
format).

I have configured SL 6 with appropriate libraries, etc., to fully
execute IA-32 Linux Tbird including Lightning -- some of the Tbird
options/add-ons evidently do not work properly in the X86-64 version.

I assume that by modifying the subject line to more accurately reflect
the current topic (not a VirtualBox accessible printer), the threaded
email clients will still not reflect the correct thread information.  Is
there a (an easy) way to fix this?