SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:19:27 -0700
Allowing SMB shares on VMWare workstation was secure, as the "LAN" being
used entirely was logical internal to the machine and environment; no
real external LAN access was allowed as the physical NIC(s) on the
machine were never exposed nor directly communicating with the logical
internal network.

I was hoping to able to do the same thing with VirtualBox.  However, I
cannot find any equivalent to xsmbrowser for either Linux or MS Win XP
Pro so that I can find the "real" share, etc., name fields that MS Win
finds.

Yasha Karant