SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:14:43 -0700
Pursuant to the post below:

What is the list etiquette concerning interspersed replies (post 1
paragraph A, post 2 reply after A, post 1 paragraph B, post 2 reply
after B, etc., with recursive iteration)?  Such an approach often
provides real information indexing issues with threaded lists.

I use IA-32 Linux Thunderbird current (3.1.11); Tbird does not show this
to me, merely the current Subject and the current To fields.  Evidently
using an existing email as a template in Tbird does not change all of
the SMTP headers in an appropriate fashion.  Note that I install Tbird,
Firefox, Opera, and Seamonkey from the Mozilla site, not from any distro
specific port -- although this may introduce incompatible bug situations
(rare), I get the most current security fixes before a distro maintainer
usually can respond.

I will put questions first if this is the etiquette of the Scilinux
list, although such an approach does not make for a consistent or
logical progression of a narrative (e.g., motivation for a question).

Thanks,

Yasha Karant