SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Zhang Huangbin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zhang Huangbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:28:15 +0800
On Jun 28, 2011, at 9:24 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

>> iRedMail is just shell scripts, it will install and configure mail server
>> related components automatically for you. That's why i call it a 'solution'
>> instead of a 'software'. Source code of iRedMail is available in Google
>> Code: http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/source/list
>
> And the *source* should be published

iRedMail installer is shell scripts, that means it's source code too.

>> Used major components:
>
> Good. Now put that on your web page, please.

It's now listed in home page of web site: http://www.iredmail.org/
Thanks for your suggestion.

>> Since RHEL doesn't provide all of them, iRedMail project has to provide
>> some of them. As we mentioned in README[1] file under yum repository
>> directory, most of them comes from third-party repositories, some were
>> packed by iRedMail project, SRPMS are avalable:
>
> See above. It should really be in the web page, *long* before setting
> up yum repositories.

It's now available in Installation Guide, before setting up yum repository:
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/Installation (under section "Requirements")

Thanks again.

> Even if I distruct your product outright due to these missing
> features, I'm happy for people to learn how to do these security
> practices better.

Thanks very much for your comments and time, will try to improve it. :)

----
Zhang Huangbin

iRedMail: Open Source Mail Server Solution for Red Hat Enterprise Linux,
CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE, FreeBSD: http://www.iredmail.org/