SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Natxo Asenjo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Natxo Asenjo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:27:47 +0200
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Felip Moll <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have discovered that /dev/sda is a Virtual Disk that iDrac from DELL uses
> to boot the server from a remote .iso file. It can not be disabled, so
> /dev/sda will be always there.

we have poweredge r710 and 410. In both we can disable those virtual
devices, I find it hard to believe you cannot.

As this is quite off-topic, I will just add that in a 410 you go to the
tab 'console media', then configuration and there you will be able to
change the status of the virtual media (we leave it 'auto attach', but
you can attach or dettach it).

Get the drac admin guide for your server and start reading :-) or call
dell support.

--
natxo