SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Timmy Siu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Timmy Siu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2011 00:08:34 +0800
Dear ALL SL 5.6 Users:
Search Dag repo for gnome sensors.  You will find a GUI program which
works with lm_sensors.  Install it.

Add this applet to Gnome top menu bar.  You can see many many devices'
physical parameters with icons on gnome desktop!!!  Yesterday, it showed
that the harddisk's temperature dropped to 0 degree C.  It is physically
impossible in summer.  This implied that the HD was dying.  Today, my SL
5.6 is running on a fresh new HD.   SL 6.0 can't enjoy it though! :-D

I have collected many "secret weapons" for SL 5.6!  Add me to your
friend's list then if you want to have them for $0! :-D

lm_sensors applet -- best of the best!

Faithfully,
Timmy Siu