SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:56:04 -0700
I do not know how Fedora automatically mounts removable media, but I
know that RHEL 5 would automount a MS FAT file system on a floppy drive.

What files need to be configured in RHEL 6 (e.g., SL 6) for automounting
of the internal floppy once the floppy device is created? A USB floppy
appears to be automounted once media is installed.

The Zip drive on my machine uses a IDE interface and IDE in RHEL 6 no
longer is automounted as a hd but is mapped to a sd , but otherwise
works fine and automounts.  However, the internal floppy uses the floppy
interface on the mother board, neither IDE nor SATA.

Finally, for those times when a colleague gives me an Apple format
floppy (not a MS format), generally from Mac OS prior to Mac OS X (e.g.,
not BSD based but based on the old proprietary Apple Mac OS), is there
any additional file system for RHEL 6 that still will recognize an Apple
format?  There was for RHEL 5 and preceding releases.

Thanks,

Yasha Karant