SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
"Steven J. Yellin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven J. Yellin
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2011 10:06:20 -0700
     There is a "downgrade" feature of yum, as in 'yum downgrade cups', and
later you may find the --exclude feature useful.  And there are files
README and yum.cron.excludes in /etc/yum.d/.  Since I've never used these
features, you may need more detailed advice from others.  There's also a
"remove" feature of yum, as in 'yum remove cups'.  You can then take a
downloaded earlier version of cups (and probably other rpms reported as
removed) and install them with 'rpm -i [list of .rpm files]'.

Steven Yellin