SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Nagaraj Panyam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2011 19:17:13 +0530
Hi,

After installing SL6 I ran into network problems.
Are there big differences between previous version and SL6?
Basically network is up, I use ssh, nfs, etc.

But ypwhich reports "cant communicate with ypbind" even though there was
no error when starting ypbind
syslog does not show the name of the NIS server, even though I use the
same yp.conf that I was using before.
ypbind: NIS domain: XXXXXX, NIS server:

Secondly, browser complains that network is off, and the network icon
shows no network, even though
I can log in and out of the server.

Can someone please help?

Thanks a lot