SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:17:14 -0400
I have a need to move an installation of mysql from /var/lib/mysql to another
disk.  /var has limited size.
I installed a new 1 T disk on new system.
used "yum" to install mysql-server mysql it installs and runs
from /var/lib/mysql
/etc/init.d/mysqld  stop
I followed the procedure in RH to move the data files etc.
Once you change the my.cnf to new location

/etc/init.d/mysqld start
long delay
(failed)
Not much of an error message.

The last time I use ln -s to link new disk to /var/lib/mysql.   When system
was rebuilt this went away and I need a reliable way to move mysql to new
disk.

Thank You
Larry Linder