SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Misc Things <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Misc Things <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:14:42 -0400
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Alexander Hunt
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 06/14/2011 04:40 PM, Andrew Z wrote:
>
> Alexander Hunt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> On 06/14/2011 08:55 AM, Misc Things wrote:
>>
>> I installed the QMMP. but it seemed to be lacking the mp3 support? Do
>> i have to recompile it or i'm just missing smth obvious?
<skip>
> Thank you Alexandr. Ill try to get to compiling rpm tonight.
> --
>
> Hi,
> No problem with the brevity, and you're welcome for the info. I just thought
> I'd add that now I am using the self-compiled version there seems to be some
> lack of functionality in a couple of the menus; ie. there is a menu entry
> for "tools" in the player, but nothing there, and the "new list" function
> doesn't seem to do anything - mind you I've never used this player, so maybe
> there is nothing usually in tools, and you will be compiling for i686, so
> maybe you will have a different result (I'm on a 64bit system) with new
> list, etc. Also, I wasn't able to find the following deps which are listed
> as optional so maybe if you find them everything for i686 will be as it
> should be.
> Missing deps for 64bit:
>
> - game-music-emu >= 0.5.5 (Optional)
> - libWildMidi >= 0.2.3.4 (Optional)
> - libprojectM >= 1.2.0 (Optional)
> - libenca >= 1.9 (Optional)
>
> best wishes
> alex

Alex,
 finally got to compiling the rpm.
 Here is the change i made to the spec file that allowed me to compile
the rpm without any issues ( or let's just say that i haven't noticed
any so far):
diff -h

16d15
< BuildRequires:	libmad-devel
76a76
> 	-D USE_MAD:BOOL=FALSE \

in other words i added libmad and took out _USE_MAD.  this was done in
the virtual machine and here i have x64_86.
I'll repeat the process for i686 since i need it at home :)

If anyone needs the packages - let me know.
Thank you.
Andrew