SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:25:56 -0500
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011, Randy Evans wrote:
>
>> I am in the process of converting a number of CentOS machines to
>> Scientific Linux.
>>
>> We have several machines which use Heartbeat and DRBD and these
>> packages were available for install from the default repository in
>> CentOS 5.5 but are not available in SL 5.5.  I thought, except for a
>> few extra packages SL adds to their build, both were recompilations of
>> RHEL and would have the same base packages available.
>>
>> I know there are additional repositories that can be enabled which
>> would provide Heartbeat and DRBD but I am confused as to why there is
>> a difference in the base packages.
>
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/SRPMS/drbd/
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/drbd/
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/drbd/
>
> are all dated 2010 but suggest that someone was working on this.

Yes--SL staff were working on this addition at the request of my group.
Currently we are using the ones from atrpms under SL5 but we've asked
them to add it to base SL for SL6.

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
[log in to unmask]  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.