SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2011 20:06:22 -0700
I am running VirtualBox current production release as a replacement for
VMWare workstation.  Under 32 bit RHEL 5, all of the hardware worked,
including USB on the identical workstation (hardware platform) as I now
have.

Using the same configuration (including changes to the groups file), but
now installing VirtualBox current production release for RHEL 6 X86-64,
I cannot access the USB devices.  I can indirectly through shared
folders from the MS Win guest to the linux host, but for certain uses,
MS Win requires a direct mount, not a shared folder / network mount.

Is anyone running SL6 X86-64 with VirtualBox and accessing the USB
drive?  If so, have you also configured VirtualBox, a MS Win guest, and
SAMBA on the same physical machine to allow the MS Win guest to print to
the linux host printer(s)?

Yasha Karant