SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2011 01:56:27 -0700
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 12:52 AM, Stephan Wiesand
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Jun 18, 2011, at 09:36 , Phil Perry wrote:
>
>> On 18/06/11 02:10, Yasha Karant wrote:
>>

>>> 2. The grub or whatever switch / configuration file so that the actual
>>> boot process and starting processes list (including any failures) is
>>> displayed to the console rather than simply some icon (spinning under
>>> noveau, progress bar under regular xorg including the Nvidia proprietary
>>> driver).
>>>

>> Pressing F6 during boot shows the info for me. I've not found a way to get it with a grub config yet.
>
> Remove "rhgb quiet" from the kernel command line?

If you'd rather not change the default setup but just want to see the
boot message for once, you can press the Esc key:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/plymouth/tree/README

"In either text or graphics mode, the boot messages are completely
occluded.  After the root file system is mounted read-write, the
messages are dumped to /var/log/boot.log.  Also, the user can see the
messages at any time during boot up by hitting the escape key."

Akemi