SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:32:39 +0100
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011, Denice wrote:

> For those interested in esoteric data, I've extracted SL release
> announcements from the mailing lists and have recorded them in a
> spreadsheet.  I have used mailing list archives which I saved, so
> the data may not be complete or entirely accurate.
>
> See:
>  http://trshare.triumf.ca/~deatrich/all/sl/

I see that x.6 releases seem to take longer than other point releases.

I suppose that this may be because of how TUV makes changes during a
life-cycle e.g. that the x.6 release is their last chance to sneak in
support for new-hardware which then makes things harder for the sl wizards
to beat into shape...

  -- Jon