SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2011

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:29:48 +1000
Hi all,

Just wanted to say G'day to fellow SL users. I installed SL6 last night
for the first time ever and was quite impressed. I've been a long time
CentOS / Fedora / Redhat user so I'm quite at home.

Within 6 hours I had recompiled Xen for SL6, and checked out and built a
new kernel to run as the Xen Dom0 and the first virtual machines back up
and running on it.

I'm that impressed that over time I'm going to start migrating all my
CentOS / Fedora based virtual machines over to SL6.

Thanks to all for their hard work, it really made my day :)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.crc.id.au