SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2011

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2011 05:14:26 -0700
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> A while ago, I started looking at creating a Xen RPM for SL6 - however I've
> hit a bit of a brick wall and I'm out of my depth here :P
>
> I've archived the rpmbuild directory at (still uploading, should be complete
> by 0315UTC):
>   http://www.crc.id.au/files/kernel-dom0.tar.bz2
>
> My progress is kinda slow, and I'm at the stage where I get the following
> errors:
>
> + mv kernel-2.6.32-x86_64-debug.config .config
> ++ head -1 .config
> ++ cut -b 3-
> + Arch=x86_64
> + make ARCH=x86_64 nonint_oldconfig
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `nonint_oldconfig'.  Stop.
> make: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 2
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.JWOuM8 (%prep)
>
> If anyone would be so kind as to do a little bit of hacking into my sadly
> deficient hack job and make this work, I'd be more than happy to take
> ownership back and keep the source tarball updated to the latest Xen kernel
> source and package it as required.

Try this:

Go to the build root directory (typically BUILD/kernel-xxx/linux-yyy/
and confirm you have a .config file.  Then issue a command:

make oldconfig

This should run through without your input. But if it prompts for your
answer, then that is the problem. If this happens, try completing the
run by providing proper answers. It will create a new .config file.
From here, refer to this wiki:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

In section 2. 'Configuring the kernel', locate the line that starts
with "First run make oldconfig." and follow the instructions from
there.

Akemi