SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2011

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2011 06:23:50 +1000
On 29/06/2011 12:02 AM, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Steven Haigh wrote:
>
>> A while ago, I started looking at creating a Xen RPM for SL6 - however
>> I've hit a bit of a brick wall and I'm out of my depth here :P
>
> What is your design goal here? ... This seems to be a solved problem
> 'upstream' already. Do these not work for you?
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/people/mayoung/EL6.xen/

Hi Russ,

I haven't tried those particular Xen RPMs - however there is no kernel
in that repo - only the Xen hypervisor.

At the moment, all of my research seems to come up with kernels based on
much older kernel source or something else. My aim is to have the kernel
RPMs track the 'official' Xen long term support version of 2.6.32.x and
update as per the Xen releases.

I haven't found anybody that does this as yet.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.crc.id.au