SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:38:20 -0500
Had a glitch with three packages on x86_64.  It couldn't wait until the
next release.  They have been fixed, the repo updated, and everything
pushed out to the rolling area.
You shouldn't notice any difference, but just incase someone did have a
glitch in the past half hour installing a package from 6rolling x86_64,
that was probably me.  Do a "yum clean all" and everything should be fine.

Thanks
Troy

On 06/23/2011 04:26 PM, Troy J Dawson wrote:
> June 23, 2011
> The second alpha release for Scientific Linux 6.1 has been released.
>
> All of the packages have gone through much more testing.  There are
> still a couple of packages we are investigating, so we are still in
> Alpha stage and not Beta stage.

> DOWNLOAD INFO
> DVD and Net Install downloads are at
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/i386/iso/
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/x86_64/iso/

> Changes since SL 6.1 Alpha 1
> * redhat-logos
> - Updated anaconda/syslinux-splash.png and bootloader/splash.xpm.gz
> - Added the svg files into the source tar ball.
>
> * yum-autoupdate
> - Fix a security issue with the tmp configuration files.
>     Patch provided by Juergen Salk
>
> * report
> - Added our changes to the updated report package
>
> * plymouth
> - Added our changes to the updated plymouth package
>

> * mksh
> - We got it to compile.
>
> * libguestfs-winsupport
> - Added.  This is for x86_64 only.
>
> * fence-virt
> - Had to be recompiled with the old qmf packages removed from the
> repository.
> - Passes our tests now.
>
> * elrepo-release
> - Updated to their latest version
>
> * apr-util
> - The version we had in Alpha 1 was newer that TUV released with
> Update 1.  We downgraded it to the version they released with.
>
> * alpine
> - Updated to version 2.02-2
>
> * Removed packages that are not in Update1
> - The qmf packages were renamed with Update 1.  We removed the old
> packages, which were qmf, qmf-devel and ruby-qmf
> - gfs-pcmk and ldm-pcmk were removed.
>
> * i686 packages in x86_64
> - Added several i686 packages that are supposed to be in x86_64,
>     into the x86_64 release.
>
> * comps.xml
> - Updated to reflect changes associated with Update 1.
> - Added groups for client-mgmt-tools, identity-server,
>     high-availability(ha), ha-management, load-balancer,
>     and resilient-storage.
> - Added categories for high-availability, resilient-storage,
>     and load-balancer.

> KNOWN Issues
>
> Packages that built but we're still testing for one reason or another.
> - qemu-kvm
>
> DVD Install
> - high-availability, resilient-storage, and load-balancer are
> automatically selected on desktop installs.
> -- already fixed on network installs, will be fixed with next alpha or
> beta release.
>
> The Scientific Linux Development Team

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group