SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:58:50 -0500
Scientific Linux 5.6 RC 1 is now available.

We have pushed out the latest update to SL 5.6.
There is both network install images as well as DVD images.

The network install images are boot.iso in
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/i386/images/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/x86_64/images/
The DVD images are at
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/iso/

Changed since BETA 3

- SL 5.6 has a new graphical theme called "Atom Shine" provided by
Shawn Thompson

- sl-release and yum-conf were updated to point to 56 instead of 5rolling.

- R was updated to 2.13.0

- On the distribution servers there is now a directory 56.  For i386 and
x86_64 there are links to 5rolling.  This does not mean that 56 is
released, it is only in release candidate.  It is setup this way so that
we can test.

Known Issues

- The GDM login screen still has the old graphics instead of the new
Atom Shine graphics.  This will be fixed in the next Release Candidate.

Future Info

- We expect SL 5.6 RC2 out in two weeks.

-Scientific Linux Development Team