SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2011

From:
"S.Tindall" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2011 11:49:01 -0400
On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 09:34 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 04/13/2011 02:00 PM, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> >
> > Personally ELRepo and RPMforge are my first choices, and I find Adobe is
> > pretty safe. If I can't find what I'm looking for there I will venture (with
> > extra caution) to EPEL and finally ATrpms.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Just curious - why do you feel the need to treat EPEL with extra caution?  I
> happen to have reversed feeling about EPEL/RPMforge.  I note that out of the
> box RPMforge will replace some system packages (perhaps without any problems),
> something EPEL avoids.

Sounds like you need to update rpmforge-release.

"The default RPMforge repository does not replace any CentOS base
packages. In the past it used to, but those packages are now in a
separate repository (rpmforge-extras) which is disabled by default."

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge

Steve