SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2011

From:
Chuck Munro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 15 May 2011 09:57:23 -0700
Funny you should mention the clean-install method.  Over the years I
learned to do just that, much preferring to migrate applications and
custom admin scripts than deal with potential problems trying to upgrade
from one major release to another.  In the long run it saves a lot of
time and aggravation.

Your advice is excellent for anyone thinking of doing the same thing.

Oh, and in my last message I forgot to send sincere Kudos to Dag along
with the others ... I feel like a kid in a candy store whenever I grok
around his EL repos.  There are some really valuable goodies in there
which I depend on and which I've never had problems with.  It takes a
*lot* of work to pull all the bits and pieces together.  Thanks Dag!