SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2011

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2011 23:03:34 -0400
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM, curriegrad2004
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Sadly, this attitude is the plight of almost all OSS projects out
> there. Not to offend anybody, but attitude issues and this mentality

It happens. Let's move on here, eh?

In particular, I'm delighted that SL includes in their main channels
hooks to other useful open source or freeware repositories, such as
rpmforge and EPEL. I'd like to mention a repository that does not
integrate directly with SL, but I've found useful: PLF. The Penguin
Liberation Front makes a hobby out of building software for Mandriva
whose licensing prevents direct inclusion there. I've used it
repeatedly for building software, such as DVD rippers and the decss
library when I was in Europe, that might present patent issues in the
US.