SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2011

From:
Nathan Yehle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nathan Yehle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2011 23:52:38 -0500
SL got mentioned here:

http://blog.2ndquadrant.com/en/2011/05/the-rise-and-fall-of-centos.html

"Well, that party is over.  Last week Dag publicly announced he was resigning from CentOS development work, seemingly over development team communication issues.  In the comments there, Dag specifically suggests Scientific Linux as the right distribution to move to now, saying "their process is more open and the people are actually friendly to feedback."

Still no centos 6 but SL6 is looks to be going strong thanks again!  I haven't had time to try SL6 yet but I hear it has some nice features to share memory between kvm vms.

-Nate