SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2011

From:
Nathan Yehle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nathan Yehle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2011 12:11:55 -0500
Jan,

UL is ultralight, originally from:
http://ultralight.caltech.edu/web-site/ultralight/workgroups/network/Kernel/kernel.html

UL is not associated with Oracle or unbreakable linux in any way.

We have been continuing the work of the UL team by releasing kernel rpms using UL specs with newer kernel sources and a few config changes for x86_64 file servers.

We at mwt2 have taken it upon ourselves (as I am sure have many others)  to build our own kernels to use some of the newer kernel features for virtio on KVM for example as well as get better IO performance with kernel config option CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE=y.

-Nate