SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2011

From:
Adrian Sevcenco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adrian Sevcenco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 20:30:23 +0300
On 05/25/2011 04:12 PM, Zack Yovel wrote:
> I do appreciate youre asking why I want it. So, I was thinking MB Raid
> and not "Real" raid because I'm not going to spend no 30$ for Raid
> adapter. Generaly I'm looking for the best solution available without
> spending more mony.
it good that you do that but there is a competition between this two ;)

> I want raid 0 for the speed. MB raid wont give my any speed? maby, but
> I'd like to see it with my own eyes...
you can set a test configuration : 1 small hdd with operating system (or
2 dual boot OS) and 2 hdds to be used in raid .. just try the desired
configurations both wind and linux and see how it goes .. and maybe you
post on the list the results of benchmarks.. it is an interesting study

> So you say there is no sane solution for this situation (or none that
> you know about?) fine, that answeres my question.
the problem is with dual boot situation .. you cannot expect that a raid
made by linux to be recognized by windows (the reverse could happen but
i don't know this for sure)

> I can see you guys really don't like what I'm doing. You don't have to.
is not that someone don't like you're doing.. it is the experience of
most people from the list. at worst your ideas can one cringe trembling
with the thought at own past experiences :D
So good luck and share the results .. they will become another reference
for others that will try your ideas.

Adrian